Monday, August 31, 2009

My Morning Coffee







I have a routine. Every morning I wake up around 8. I lay in bed a minute or two, thinking about my day, and what I feel like wearing. Then I get up. I open my bedroom curtains. Then I open the sliding glass door to let the cool morning air in. I turn the radio on to the CBC (they have great music playing till about 9am) and turn on the computer. I put the kettle on to boil some water for my tea (gogi berry green tea with matcha). Then I sit down. My first task is to log into my e-mails, once I know there is no major business to attend to, I start to indulge in my morning coffee. You know the kind, usually with full milk, none of this skinny shit, with an extra shot of espresso and super sweet. But because I rarely drink coffee (like I said I'm more of a tea girl and also because I'm on a health kick and the only way I like my coffee is super sweet and creamy) I indulge in lifestyle blogs. My favorite being the enticing blog(s) by Yvan Rodic. His pictures are not of any one topic, but of images he captures along his journey around the globe. His pictures are both innocent and gritty. And yet he is able to capture beauty where you would least expect it. I always enjoy sipping my tea and browsing his collection of photos, it inspires me to see outside the box. That beauty exists all around us and does not follow any rules. He also runs another fantastic blog, which is my second cup of coffee,called Face Hunter. Enjoy!




Images Yvan Rodic and Face Hunter

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Thanks for sharing those fantastic blogs! I've adding them into my reader...