Sunday, August 30, 2009

Stealing Beauty


I watched Bernardo Bertolucci's Stealing Beauty last night. I was shocked I had never watched this movie before; it's over 13yrs old! I was captivated with Liv Tylers portrayal of 19yr old virgin 'Lucy'. Not to mention the breathtaking scenery. The whole movie was filmed in Tuscany, Italy. Now part of me wants to move there, become an artist and eat cheese and bread, and drink wine all day. Wait, I do eat cheese and bread, and drink wine...quite often! Well Tuscany has moved up on my list of places to visit. Anyways Lucy's wardrobe had strong feelings of teenage angst (think Hole), mixed with a dash of romance. Many of her outfits were seemingly similar to today's street style. Overall I'm quite happy with the $5.99 purchase I made for this movie (it came in a 2 pack with 'Anywhere But Here').


images stealing beauty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to watch this film for ever! This has been a reminder that I've got to pick it up at the DVD place. I'll have to get some cheese, bread and wine to eat while watching...